Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Meet the Family

This past weekend, Jeff's mom had a family gathering so that more relatives could meet little Jay. We drove the 2 hrs to Grandview and Jay had his first "sleep"over at grandma and grandpa's house! One thing about sleepovers is: usually you sleep at least part of the night! 4 of the 5 Argyle kids were there (Jeff's mom's siblings) plus one spouse, one grandma, and 2 cousins. We ate giant pancakes for breakfast and yummy grilled salmon for dinner (both courtesy of Jeff's dad) and opened baby presents (lots of Argyle pride--woohoo!) and enjoyed just hanging out together. I was pretty exhausted the whole time because Jay kept me up allllll night on Saturday, but it was still fun and good to see all of these relatives again (I've only met them once). Everyone played pass the baby and Jay enjoyed all the attention!



We didn't get around to taking many pictures, so just before we left, we snagged one with: Jeff, his mom holding Jay, Shaina, Grandma Kay, and Jeff's dad




Jeff wearing the baby basket that his parents gave Jay--it's filled with all of the other gifts. (on top is the bottom layer of the diaper cake Jeff's mom made)

I worked really hard to get this picture... baby in one hand, camera in the other. Don't worry, I was leaning over on the floor so I didn't drop my baby! I love kissing his increasingly chubby cheeks!


We took this picture just to send to Jay's uncle Brad (my brother) who is serving a mission in Portugal right now... Brad put his other nephew, Steve, in a crock pot when Steve was tiny, so we thought he'd enjoy a slow cooked baby picture.


In other news, tonight at 11pm, Jay will officially be 4 weeks old! FOUR weeks already?


And last but not least, my very own, very not so safe invention (based on Em's swaddle on the binky idea): the Binky Band! How to construct your own Binky Band: 1. roll up a burp cloth 2. tuck it around baby's shoulders, across the mouth. 3. you may also tuck one end behind one shoulder and the other end under one arm to allow for any arm flailing 4. caution! use only under adult supervision, as the Binky Band can slip off and cover baby's face!

1 comment:

Feinmemmy said...

When Tommy was less than a month old Logan wanted to take a picture of him in a Jack-O-Lantern for some reason. We did it, but I always thought it was odd!

Jay's a cute little guy :-)