It's been a good week in our family! My sister Em had her baby Daniel Scott on Tuesday (after a 30 minute labor!!), so Jay and I drove the 4.5 hrs to Seattle to stay with my other siblings (Mel and Kyle) while Mom went to Missouri to help Em out. It is so nice to be within easy driving distance of so much family, even though this week I was wishing we lived closer to Em and that cute new little boy! Here are some pictures of the week:
Jay is getting much better at sitting up, which is both good and bad-- now I never know when he's actually going to tumble, so I sometimes don't put a pillow behind him, and then he bonks his head when he tips over!
"Huhhh...?" Jeff thinks this pictures is hilarious
While I was making chicken puffs for Mel and Kyle, Jay wanted to see what was going on, so I put him on the counter... I turned around for one second, and this is what I found! Jay has a longer reach than I give him credit for--he picked up the spoon and it splatted a mushroom onto his forehead!
Mushroom man to the rescue!!! This week Mel and I discovered another tooth peeking through in Jay's mouth! I think he's growing teeth at top speed so he can graduate from his icky rice cereal to something much tastier. Maybe mushrooms?
It was Jay's half birthday on Saturday-- how on earth is he 6 months old already?
Playing with the teddy bear that I had when I was his age!
We braved the Snoqualmie Pass to get to Seattle, and squeaked back through on Saturday with a winter storm on our heels. I fondly refer to the Pass as Mordor.
...and when the trees disappear, you know the only problem you may face is a bright sun or high winds. The many weather varieties of Washington never cease to amaze me.
For Jay's 6 month "treat," I gave him carrots for the first time... he didn't really love them. He still prefers milk to spoon feeding.
1 comment:
He's so big. I swear he was just born.
Post a Comment