Sunday, January 24, 2010

Forward, PARK, Reverse

Woah.
It has happened! Jay can now army crawl FORWARD!!! It all started one week ago, and Jay has been refining his technique all week. Where are we going to hide all of our power cords and bottom-shelf books? We have no extra room for them, so right now we put flattened cardboard boxes in front of the bookshelves... and Jay is already learning how to move them. I think Mad Eye Moody has the only answer: constant vigilance!

Jay can move forward and he can rotate in a circle on his stomach, but he has yet to go in REVERSE. Result: he gets stuck when he crawls under our chairs and into corners.


This week we had a few days of gorgeous 60-degree weather, so I took Jay to the PARK! He fell asleep in the stroller on the way there, so he was a little out of it at first. The grass fascinated him. First, he touched the grass.

Next, he picked some grass.

...and then he ate some grass. I was ok with that small amount touching his lips until I saw a large flock of ducks near the playground...


Time to swing! Jay loves the park!

P.S. Although these pictures don't show him, Jeff really does so much with Jay! He plays on the floor with him, he takes care of him for the last 2 hours of church, and he is probably responsible for teaching Jay how to army crawl! What a good Daddy-- Jay loves him. It's quite cute.
Other news: not much else happened this week, except we visited the Whites for a day--Costco trip! I got 4-3lb jars of Jif because Jeff and I have eaten almost 6 pounds of peanut butter this month! Other stuff: I randomly ran nearly 9 miles yesterday. AND, I made the pinnacle of Peanut Butter Perfection: the recipe calls it "Peanut Butter Pie," but that's too plain a name for something so delicious. It actually deserves a post of its own, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Justin and Carissa said...

Wow, and I thought I liked peanut butter! I would love to hear that recipe. I can just picture Jay stuck in a corner, not able to get out! : )