Drumroll….. we have a new set of wheels! When we visited Jeff’s parents last weekend, they showed us this little beauty at a local garage sale. It was only $40! We couldn’t pass up such a deal.
Since Jeff drives our car to the high school every day, I usually just take the stroller out when I need to get things done (our stores are only 1-2 miles away and it’s pretty much always nice here). Today I took the baby buggy bike trailer one mile down the road to the grocery store. Let me just say—it has been a few years since I rode a bike. OW. Our bike seat is like sitting on the blade of a knife!
College Place is quite a flat little town, but the smallest inclines felt like mountains while I was straining to pull my nearly-20lb boy along behind me—and then I added another couple pounds of groceries to the load. If I was a handcart pioneer, I’d definitely PUSH rather than PULL! Phew! My t-shirt was damp and my legs were all trembly when I got home. I decided that while a lot of the problem was the old stiff bike I was riding, the main problem is I am just a wimpy biker!
Well, I am glad that we have a bike trailer but I think I’ll need a better bike (or at least a softer seat) before I attempt to use it again. I have always thought it would be so efficient to be able to tow children and goods behind a bike. I just never realized how grueling it would be. Once again, a Shaina-ideal met reality and it turned out HARD!
No comments:
Post a Comment