Sunday, May 16, 2010

I love JAY!

IMG_8376 
My little boy is getting so BIG! He is walking more and more—his longest stretch so far is at least 12 steps without falling! He will turn one year old this week.

Here’s what Jay has been up to:

IMG_8313 
Jay helps me make bread. He always wants to be around the action!

IMG_8337 
When Jay refuses to let me feed him oatmeal, I scoop it out in nasty cold coagulated balls, and he feeds himself. Maybe Quaker should market oatmeal balls!

Jay is really IN to  exploring new places. I am always surprised at what I find when I hear his distress calls:IMG_8358
I still don’t know how he managed this one

IMG_8360 
Crash!

IMG_8361
Thunk!

IMG_8367 
Last week I officially (and finally) weaned Jay 100%!! (I dropped one daily feeding each week over 3 wks)  He’s finally starting to like moo moo milk (with a drop of Hershey’s in it…), and thankfully doesn’t seem to miss nursing. After 355 days, I am finally FREEEEEE!!! (still working on actually FEELING free, if you know what I mean…)

IMG_8382 
He eats 3 big meals per day, and no snacks (lucky me). He likes to cram as much in his mouth as he can. Chipmunk boy!
[To give you an idea: Breakfast= banana, milk, and oatmeal or toast; Lunch= 1 whole PBJ, 1/4 apple, milk, and cottage cheese; Dinner= milk, and whatever we’re having (e.g. tonight he had a whole chicken quesadilla!]

IMG_8395
This week we figured that Jay is close enough to 20lbs for us to turn his car seat around to face the FRONT. It’s SO nice to be able to SEE him. Sleeping babies are so funny! Every time I tried to take away the cup, Jay woke up and started crying—it took me a few tries to finally sneak it away. 

IMG_8393 
Scared face! Jay is TERRIFIED of blenders, electric mixers, my mini food chopper, my hair dryer, and sometimes the vacuum. For some reason, he’s not scared of the Kitchen Aid mixer. It must not be quite as noisy?

Here’s what Jay does when I turn on a noisy appliance:

MAN, I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY

don’t you?

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it. He is so cute! And you are making me feel like I might be brave enough to ween Alexandra soon. I love the color of his new carseat, too. Makes me want to get a nice new one instead of the crusty one Alexandra has to look forward to!

Feinmemmy said...

I feel bad laughing at a video of him crying, but I can't help it!

What a fun little guy he is :-)

Justin and Carissa said...

That look of pure terror on his face is priceless. I sure wish we lived closer together; I just know Jay and Matthew would have so much fun together.

McLaughlin Family said...

That's funny. My daughter will only drink flavored milk too!

Carleton & Robyn said...

The falling pics are sooo funny. What a little athlete already. How can he help it with 2 athletic parents.