Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week

IMGP0122

  1. Happy Father’s Day!! I made Jeff a breakfasty dinner (fluffy biscuits and a thing called “Eggs Days Ahead”—just like last year). We’re both still full.
  2. Jay loves having stairs to play on: he finally learned how to go down stairs yesterday, but he still has issues remembering to slither down backwards, but we’re getting there.
  3. Jay loves climbing and whapping, and plucking the 2 dogs here, Zeke and Toby. Zeke hides from Jay, but Toby soaks up the love and attention. The only thing I don’t like about it is when I pick up Jay, he gets dog hair on me!
  4. I miss Walla Walla/College Place! It’s only 90 minutes from here, but it feels farther!
  5. Jeff should have his teaching certificate in the next week or so!! He has already applied to every school district within 20 miles of here. Bring on the jobs!
  6. Jay got diaper rash and now my hands smell like Desitin.
  7. Jeff’s parents have a small collection of Berenstein Bears books, and he loves reading them to Jay. He uses the goofiest voices for each character, and it cracks me up—I think I enjoy it more than Jay!
  8. Speaking of reading, in the last week I have plowed straight through the first 3 Twilight books. There’s nothing like reading all about an insane head-case teenage girl’s heartaches to put things into perspective!

IMG_8671
9. Jeff pooled his birthday and graduation gift $$ to buy his dream camera. It’s called a Pentax K-X and I think it’s #3 on his list of favorites…Jay and I are just barely above the camera on that list, probably because he needs subjects for his pictures…

IMGP0107 
10. It is really quite hard to baby-proof someone else’s house. Jeff’s parents are being good sports for all of the inconveniences posed by having Jay here.


IMGP0108

And that’s more or less what’s been going around here at the White house this week!

1 comment:

mdstone said...

i had several people tell me that toby was a dog name, but i had never met one. i hope that is one cute dog!