Fall is FUN. The air is crisp, the leaves are lovely, the pumpkins are bright, and it’s Halloween time! I made Jay’s costume out of cardboard and paper and rubber bands. He was a PB-Jay sandwich! There was a tri-ward trunk-or-treat last night so we went. Our ward wasn’t in charge of it, so nobody told us what to expect. Well, it was a MADHOUSE!! Kids everywhere, crowded hallways inside, etc. Jay was overwhelmed. They had game stations inside the church building, and that’s all we ended up staying for (since the trunk-or-treating part didn’t even start till Jay’s bed time). Jay threw a few bean bags and won a prize. On the way home, we stopped by the White house so Grama could give Jay a treat. Whew!
Without the bulky jacket under his red “jelly” shirt, Jay looks a little more PBJ-ish. He just wanted OUT of that cardboard bread after about 5 minutes!
On Friday night, we carved our pumpkins! Jeff got a huge one, and he used a carving pattern. I made it up as I went along. The little pumpkins had skins of granite! They were so hard, I couldn’t use our cute little carving kit knife, and they almost bent my kitchen knife! So much for small pumpkins being easier to carve—I was out of breath by the time I cut the top off of the first one!
The carving carnage
“This is fun…”
“…what is this thing?”
“…is it a snack?”
“… no way…so, what do I DO with this stuff?”
“…should I put it away when I’m done?”
The finished products in their glowing glory. Jeff’s needed an extra candle or two. Mine is the happy one on the left, and Jay’s is the ghost one on the right. Yay pumpkins!
My other story of the week is also exciting: I GOT A COSTCO CARD of my very own! It has my picture on it and my name on it and I have already USED it once. Weehawww! It was a hard decision whether or not to pay the $50 for the card because it’s not like we have 10 kids to feed or anything. But I fee like such an independent woman with my own card. I’ve never been to Costco alone before (well, Jay was with me). Something I didn’t expect was: I couldn’t find anything! I’ve never been there without someone who knows where everything is, so I ended up heaving the heavy cart for miles around and around that store. I never found the coconut milk. (do they even have it?) I was faint by the time we got out of there. Why is everything so tiring when I’m pregnant?
Speaking of that baby, here’s what I look like these days. Jeff buckled my shoes this morning. I can still do it for myself, but bending over is not very fun. Rose seems to be extra bony!! Any kind of pressure on my tummy hurts, even the doctor’s rolly heart beat listener thingy-ma-bob. At lunchtime yesterday, I suddenly felt sick, achy, and NOT hungry. 10 minutes later, I felt this big rolling movement inside, and suddenly I felt fine. Rose had been jammed up in my ribcage or something! I’m so glad she decided to move out of there. Ow!
And last on the list, a little comparison just for fun:
Left: 10/31/2010, 26 wks (Rose). Right: 3/6/2009, 27 wks (Jay)
Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
you look so cute! and i love jay's costume....how very creative (and you didn't have to spend a lot of money-BONUS).
Jay's costume was so clever! I love it! And you are the cutest pregnant lady!
Jay's costume was super cute! And your comparison pictures look nearly the same. Yeah for not getting twice as big with the second baby! Give Costco a few more tries; it just takes a couple trips to orient yourself to the store and you'll find you will get faster and faster as you go. I love Costco.
Post a Comment