Jay and Rose are pretty much the smartest, cutest, sweetest kids ever on this whole planet. There’s my biased-mother statement. NOW, here’s some proof so you can agree with me:
Jay randomly has gotten good at using a spoon lately. He also is getting pretty good at drinking out of a normal cup (no lid!). We think he learned how to drink from a big boy cup from nursery at church (or, as he calls it, zzoojry). They give the kids little Dixie cups with a drop of water during snack time. I still haven’t gotten a video of Jay drinking…
…but here’s Rose in action! She can sneeze like a million times in a row. I think it’s quite cute.
My two little sweetfaces. Jay is so tall! Rose always loses her feet in the legs of her footie PJs.
Jay loves Rose more and more every day. When I put her in the bathroom while I shower, (to protect her from Jay’s love), Jay hovers anxiously outside the bathroom door saying “baby! baby! baby!” and he’s so relieved to find that she’s still there when I open the door. Sometimes he even gives her a little kiss on the head. I wish I could be quick enough to get a picture of that!
Last night, Jay realized that I’ve been using a cool fleece Twister blanket as a curtain in his window. I guess he was chilly! (those other 3 blankets weren’t doing the trick) Little problem solver.
This may not count as a skill, but Rose has the sweetest little fuzzy ears ever! It’s hard to see in this picture, but there are long soft little baby hairs on her ear’s edge. Her ears are little apricots.
This picture is a few weeks old (see my prego-belly?) but Jay is also learning how to swing like a big boy. Every now and then he still forgets to hold on, and he falls off. But he’s learning! The other day we stopped at the park after a walk, and he ran over and gave the swing a big push. He didn’t move out of the way in time, though, and it swung back and knocked him to the ground! It was an America’s Funniest Home Videos moment. (too bad I didn’t have my camera!)
[I’ll keep this picture small since I donate a portion of my good looks, my abs, and my youthful glow to each child I bear]—here’s what I look like these days: about 2 1/2 weeks un-pregnant. Jeff told me the other day: “you’re looking quite deflated today!” I’ll take that as a compliment. Well, my skills right now include providing Rose with milk-a-plenty, and, as Jeff put it, deflating little by little. Necessity is also requiring me to get better about sacrificing my afternoon free time and taking a nap while Jay does. I am also a pretty accomplished one-handed typer now—this whole post was done one-handed while a hungry Rose was eating. [by the way, I love using her name as a noun]
As for Jeff, I already dedicated a whole post to his fantastic fatherly skills.
And now for one last video of Jay. (it’s 3 weeks old—note my large belly).
After all of this, I’m sure you agree that we White Things have some serious SKILLS!
1 comment:
I LOVE this post! I love your babies! I love their skills! I love your skills!
Post a Comment