Here are some reasons that our life is so “cushy:”
1. Soft blankets to lay soft baby on
2. A bouncy jumper to dangle in. [Even though Rose isn’t quite 3 months old, we got out the jumper this week…]
2a. Weeehaw!
2b. It’s still a little bit too big… this cracks me up because it looks like she’s drowning in giant panties!
3. My first “break” from feeding Rose—she had her first bottle this week! I did have to spend the time pumping the milk for the bottle, but Jeff fed it to her! I tried giving her a bottle, but she expects the fresh stuff from me so she wouldn’t take it. The next day while I was out running, Jeff worked his daddy magic and Rose drank her first bottle. [Rose is such a good little nurser that the only reason I want to get her to be ok with a bottle is so I can go on a date that lasts longer than 2 hours with my husband every now and then!]
4. Comfy chairs to relax and recover in. Check out those bruised, scraped up legs! Jay is such a BOY.
5. Sweet, loveable, cute little kids! It has been a few weeks since the last photo-shoot with my sweetfaces, so I tried and tried and tried to get a good one this week. I even used Jeff’s camera because it has a remote trigger so I could just click it any time. Well, it’s really hard to hold 2 kids and a remote and push the button on the remote AND keep the kids happy in the process. Plus it took me forever to figure out how to work Jeff’s fancy-schmancy camera. Bottom line: my favorite picture was blurry because I didn’t figure out how to turn on the flash till later. I did a little image sharpening and editing with my limited skills, so it’s a little bit better, but still. It was a lot of work.
5a. Here’s the best non-blurry one I could manage (notice the remote in one hand). Jay kept running away. And then I realized that Rose had pooped straight through all of her clothes as well as straight through all of MY clothes during the photo-session.
6. That reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes: “Throw it in the wash, it’ll be grand!” With all the laundry we do around here, things are very GRAND.
7. In fact, I think everything I do is bordered by laundry on all sides: go running, do laundry, eat breakfast, fold laundry, sweep the floor, scrub stained baby clothes and do more laundry, read a book, rotate the laundry, make bread, fold Mt. Everest (aka laundry), etc. With everything so well-padded by all this laundry, my life is sure cushy!
1 comment:
Love the pics...I know what you mean by the whole laundry thing:)
Post a Comment