Yes. When you have young kids, there is really only one good thing about having church in the afternoon: Sunday morning BREAKFEAST!
Last Sunday, Jeff made pancakes for breakfast…
…with blueberries and whipped cream…
…and crepes for lunch.
Jeff is the crepexpert of our family. That’s why you want to marry an RM, girls. I love Jeff’s face in this picture—can you tell he loves making crepes?
Our kitchen is too small for me to get a picture with Jeff AND the crepe-flipping action, but you can see his smile in the shadow on the cupboard door.
Jay loves crepes. I put peanut butter, banana, and whipped cream into his. What’s not to love?
Raspberries and cream with a little Nutella. Oh boy.
Divine.
Jay ate 2 crepes—just as many as I did! This boy packs away the food at lunchtime. I don’t know HOW he eats SO much at once. Where does it go? He usually eats just as much as me—or more—for lunch.
As for Rose, she’s still plugging away at the baby food. So far she likes plain baby oatmeal the best, and carrots mixed with baby rice cereal second best. She hated pears! It was awesome. That’s the extent of her repertoire right now, unless you count the 2 or 3 crumbs of bread she recently ingested. [This picture is her “just-for-Jay” smile. I LOVE how much she LOVES her big brother]
Tonight, when Rose was slowing down on her dinner, Jay stepped in and got her to eat the rest of her carrot-rice-goop! It was amazing. Rose will do anything for Jay.
Here’s some of the action. When Jay ran off at the end, he went to grab the dishcloth so he could wipe Rose’s face. Then he kept feeding her the rest of her dinner. I think he’s better at feeding Rose than he is at feeding himself (Jay favors the …full-body experience approach to eating).
Even though Sundays and church with young’ens can be draining, these Sweetfaces (along with a loaded crepe) MORE than make up for it!
3 comments:
That's sooo sweet! I love how Jay feeds Rose! When Arieanna feeds Samuel I often catch her eating it too lol!
I totally second that there are not a lot of pluses to having late church; ours is at noon and I can't wait to change times. And Matthew can eat as much or more than me as well-and I'm 8 months pregnant!
We are BIG fans for crepes too! The only time I ever eat them is when my Bro who went on a mission to Germany makes them for us when we spend the night there :)... and I can't get over how good nutella is w/ alittle bit of fruit and a good slather of whip cream on those crepes.. mmmm, mmm, good!
Post a Comment