Friday, September 30, 2011

Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays

Here’s a photo-tour of some things we do when our neighbors John and Justin come over.

IMG_0915

We exceed the 100-lb weight limit on the stroller.

IMG_0897

We eat lunch in the park every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. No crumbs for me to sweep!

IMG_0894

We eat apples. What great Washington boys, crunching away locally-grown apples.

IMG_0892

What is it about little boys eating apples? Camera-magnets. This little guy (Justin) is such a ham! His haystack hair, goofy poses, and grunt-and-point language are quite endearing.

IMG_0893

Jay eats his apples like a horse when he’s hungry. He starts on one side and eats all the way through till there’s nothing left. None of that eat-around-the-core nonsense for him! Thankfully I have managed to teach him to pick out the seeds.

IMG_0889

We play scoop ball. It’s entertaining to watch these youngsters figure out how to scoop and throw. I find the slower-reaction time of toddlers very amusing. Throw ball. Watch it in the air. Ball lands. Look down. Wow, a ball!  Bend over. Pick up ball. Repeat.

IMG_0898

Rose and I observe from the sidelines. She’s so good.

Slide sequence—the bumper booty game:

IMG_0913

IMG_0910

IMG_0905

Jay and John played bumper booties for a good 20 minutes, squealing and laughing the whole time.

IMG_0946

Boxes. Need I say more?

IMG_0954

IMG_0957

They played in these boxes for an entire HOUR straight!

IMG_0988

The only time we did not go to the park for lunch, we had a lunch movie picnic.

IMG_0989

Toy Story 3—muy emocionante! I don’t love turning on the TV for entertainment, but it’s fun every now and then. We watched half of the movie at a time.

Mighty-Machines

Good ole Netflix streaming has a plethora of shows. We recently discovered Mighty Machines. It’s a mid-90’s Canadian show that just shows footage of machines at work, with a narrator explaining what’s going on in kid-friendly language. It’s the least-annoying kids show I’ve come across yet, unless you count the theme song. The boys love it.

IMG_1003

Meanwhile, the little Rose bud hangs out and plays happily in the background.

IMG_0990

Stroller-time again! Big brothers hold their younger siblings. Younger siblings try to escape. We ventured to the library this week. It was definitely exciting. I love watching the faces of passersby when they notice that I have 4 kids in my stroller.

IMG_1057

We made a magnificent fort.

IMG_1064

It took up our whole family room!

IMG_1059

The boys watched the other half of Toy Story 3 on the laptop in their spacious fort.

IMG_0848

IMG_1075

IMG_1076

IMG_0140

I think I wore them out.

3 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

What fun creative ideas!

Lisa said...

You sure keep them busy in such fun ways, of course im sure it's the same vise versa.;)

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

Keep up the busy work...I am sure these days will be a source of inspiration when you have that many of your own.. (wink wink)