Monday, November 21, 2011

Block City

In honor of Jay’s half birthday today, I’ll do a post for him. This is Jay’s favorite library book:

block city

 

 

W. 

We check it out every other week. Literally. When we found it in the library last week, he hugged it and said “it’s my faver book.” 

 

OK, this video is super long, but Jay likes to take his time reading. For the record, I only prompted him a few times—most of this is just him “reading” the poem. I love hearing those big words and phrases in his little voice.

Jay also loves Mother Goose rhymes. We have 3 different Mother Goose books in our collection, and he knows most of those rhymes. When he’s playing I often hear him saying parts of his favorite poems to himself. Our little poet.

Jay’s favorite breakfast is pancakes. He can eat an alarming amount of pancakes (his current record is four pancakes, 5 inches each in diameter), and his little tummy just expands to hold them all.

Jay’s favorite lunch is grilled cheese.

Jay’s favorite dinner is homemade mac n cheese.

IMG_2191

His favorite writing utensils are markers (messy). One day he was drawing and he said “Issa J, Mommy!” I looked at his paper, and lo and behold, he had written a J. Then he said “Issa B, Mommy!” He had drawn a sideways B, too. I was blown away. What kind of 2.5 year old can write? Ok, ok, he can’t write, but he can make his marker draw 2 letters! It is hard to get a picture of his letters because he likes to color them in after he does them. But the paper on the left has a little J on it. Jay amazes me more and more every day.

Ever since daylight savings time, Jay has not stayed in Nursery at church for more than 10 minutes. 2pm was late enough to be abandoned by his parents, but now that 2 pm feels like 3pm to him, there’s no chance. Yesterday at church, I had sharing time in Primary, and all our other family members that Jay loves were unavailable too. So Jeff singlehandedly handled 2 needy, nap-needing children for 2 hours. He is amazing. 5 weeks till we switch back to 9am church! Can’t wait.

Jay enjoys “helping” in the kitchen. He likes to dump flour and other things into the bowl when I’m cooking and put his hand on the beater when I’m mixing something. When the oven timer beeps, he always races to the drawer and gets out the hot pads for me (even if there’s nothing in the oven). \

Jay can reach the heater dial on the wall. About 30 times a day, he cranks it over past 80 degrees and sits right in front of the heater fan. His legs get all red and he just basks in the heat…until I go turn it back down to 67.

IMG_1719

LOVE this little guy.

No comments: