Snow Adventure #3 has no pictures. It may be more enjoyable without pictures, since it involved a crazymama, a jogging stroller, and an angry old man. So. On Friday, I laboriously wrestled extra-grippy BMX tires onto my double jogging stroller (it took 45 minutes). Then I bundled my patient children and set out in the snow for a little trot.
On a clear, flat, paved road, my loaded double stroller weighs at least 85 pounds. It felt like at least 200 pounds while I pushed it through the snow. Why were there so many cars out? On normal days, most cars/people stare me down when I’m out jogging with the double stroller. But it was worse in the snow. I felt kind of self-conscious under their scrutiny. What were they thinking? What was I thinking, even attempting this? I found out what one of them thought soon enough… at one point, an old man yelled out his car window “You’re pretty dumb, lady! You’re going to get hit!” I was too busy maneuvering the bulky stroller through some soft deep snow to answer, but believe me—by now I’ve come up with a few pretty good replies for him.
I managed to trudge-run for 31 minutes with the stroller in the snow. My arms were tireder than my legs!
Oh the things I do for endorphins.
1 comment:
Seriously?? Why do people say the things they do (although I'm guilty of moments like that myself :S)... he should have gotten out and helped you manuever the huge stroller. What if you were in dire need and this was of most importance, he seriously had no idea. ugh... sadly, that's what we as people do too often... judge ever so quickly. You know though, I bet you alot of them were thinking, 'Now that's impressive and dedicated! I should be out there gettn' some exercies too!;)"
Post a Comment