Friday, March 2, 2012

Sisters are the best

We Brown girls had a last minute get-together last week. When I say last minute, I mean last minute:

Em [oldest sister] and her 2 little boys (Steve and Dan) got their plane ticket from St. Louis to Seattle a mere week before we all converged on the Brown house in Bellevue.

Dani [sis-in-law] got her plane ticket even later!

Jay, Rose, and I simply had to watch the Snoqualmie Pass reports and start driving when the pass was clearest. This was more of a challenge than I would have liked. But we managed to squeak through the icy snowy slush with only minimal delays.

Since we Browns live all over the place, family time is usually planned out for months in advance. It was awesome to suddenly have a whole week with my dear sisters. We took over 100 pictures, and my kids and I just can’t face doing one long post right now, so how about 3 or 4 short ones?
[Warning: Shaina-short isn’t necessarily actually SHORT]

This was our first sistertime since Dani joined the family, so hoorah for FOUR sisters in our sister picture!

IMG_3433

We balanced my camera on the mantel and hoped for the best. I took our picture with the face-detect feature on my beloved camera. You push the button, and it starts taking pictures when a new face enters the scene. Well, Steve beat me to it and set off the camera here…

IMG_3429

…and then it took a little time to get one with all of us smiling.

IMG_3434

We messed with poses. I couldn’t quite figure out where to stand.

IMG_3440

Mel, Shaina, Em, and Dani. I wish I had a cool short nickname like all of my sisters do. I guess I compensated by getting short hair instead. I was worried that a week with my lushiously long haired sisters would make me miss my own long lush locks, and I did reminisce a bit, but on the whole, all of their hair actually made me like my short hair more—it’s just so light and free. And not static!

IMG_3441

We never got around to doing an “official” goofy picture, but this one counts in my book.

IMG_3438

I love my sisters.

No comments: