Rose and I are heading out on a little girl-excursion for the next two weeks. Jeff and Jay are going to have male bonding at home while the womenfolk go a-visiting. We’re going to see my dear friend in Nebraska and my sister in Missouri. Wahooo! Needless to say, there probably won’t be any blog posts for the next 2 weeks-gasp! That’s a long time for me. Here are a few last pictures before we go:
Rose loves to copy Jay. One day last week, Jay was crying and wiping his tears away with Yellow (his beloved blanket). He decided that some of his “kids” (stuffed animals) would make him feel better, so he dropped Yellow and ran upstairs to get them. When he was gone, Rose picked up yellow, squinched up her face in the funniest little pucker, and started to fake-cry/moan, rubbing her eyes with Yellow, just like Jay. When she looked up and saw me watching her, she stopped moaning, grinned her famous Rose-grin, and said “Hi.” I was laughing for a solid 10 minutes after that. Rose, my little mockingjay.
Rose will keep hair clips in longer if I’m wearing one too. She likes to be “diddy” (pretty).
As for Jay, he is getting so grown up and responsible. He helped teach our FHE lesson about Joseph Smith this week with some pictures he got from Nursery on Sunday. He hasn’t worn a diaper to bed in almost 2 months. He LOVES his new freedom to go outside and play in the back yard whenever he wants. He usually gets dressed on his own these days. This morning he ran out and said “Look, I’m dressed! I’m a handsome boy.” I had to let him wear his carefully chosen stripes and plaid outfit after that. Luckily we didn’t have to go anywhere today.
And now I’m off to see these awesome people:
Laurs (aka Lauren, my old college roomie) and her daughter Emma (Rose’s future best friend).
My sister Em and her boys.
Look out, Midwest, here we come!
3 comments:
That's awesome! Gonna get some good quality time with Rose!! Have fun.
Tell Lauren hello for me! I would be jealous but I get to see her soon too.
A vacation with just you 2!? how fun! Enjoy :)
Post a Comment