Happy October! We’re off to a good start:
General Conference was inspiring—well, at least the parts that we heard through Jay and Rose noises. I admit to a few moments of complete irritation when Rose or Jay (or both!) stopped squealing and I heard the congregation laughing at some missed joke. Thank goodness for the Ensign. My favorite talks were President Uchtdorf’s about being happy now no matter what, and President Monson’s talk about not-so-simple, simple answers to prayers. Gold!
My 7-day throbby headache is finally subsiding into the background, allowing me to notice how sore my wimpy unused muscles are. A few hours on my feet at the store the other day wiped me out! It’s hard to let myself take it easy and build up my strength slowly. Ibuprofen helps, though.
Steph and I went clothes shopping for Jay and Rose on Friday. I’ve never done that before! We’ve always been blessed with hand-me-downs and gifts (ironically, my friend Shauna brought over 2 bags of clothes for Rose the night before we went shopping—see above picture), so I’ve never walked into a store and bought much more than a shirt or a pack of socks for my children (I did buy a few clothes online for Rose once, but that’s completely different). It was new and FUN. Jay got a Darth Vader shirt. Need I say more?
I got my hair whacked off at last. No more shaggy Shaina.
Rose’s hair has been looking so long that I tried a new ponytail style on her this week. Her hair only grows thickly on the top, though, so gathering the side whisps into a ponytail proved harder than I thought it would be. Poor pink scalp.
I am COOKING again! Oh YUM. I love my tried-and-true recipes. I am eating what feels like a TON. It feels so good to feel good after eating. Based on past experience, that happy feeling usually takes a long time to wear off, so I’m in for a few more weeks of deeply satisfying meals.
Speaking of cooking, it’s time to make dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment