Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day is happy. I got to sleep in till 6:28am this morning, (it felt amazing), and then two sweet kids came trotting in thrusting hand-drawn pictures and fresh-cut flowers in my face(Jeff had gotten up early with them and put them to work!). Jeff transcribed notes from them onto their papers. Homemade and simple does the trick every time. That was our celebration of Mother’s Day at home. Like I said, it was happy.

IMG_9035_thumb

I put the flowers from Jay and Rose into an old baby food jar. They are happily perched on my kitchen windowsill. Jeff scoured our one rose bush and clipped them for the kids to give me.

IMG_9038_thumb

If you read the signature from the bottom up, you can see the J-a-Y, starting with an orange J down low.

IMG_9039_thumb[2] 
Jeff wrote me a love note too but I think I’ll treasure that one up without sharing.

IMG_9025_thumb

Jeff took some blurry Mother’s Day pictures before church. Love.

IMG_9026_thumb

IMG_9027_thumb

At church, the men took over to give the women a “day off” from teaching and other such duties, so I had the opportunity to go to Sunday school and Relief Society. I did go to Sunday school, but I slipped outside after that because my dear missionary brother Kyle was scheduled to call from Uruguay at 3pm. As if I’d miss that, even if I never have gone to Relief Society in our ward. My Dad had 3 of us siblings on a conference call and Kyle called my parents’ house on Skype, so we all listened to him together over the conference call. It was a fun (semi-confusing) 45 minutes. The next time I talk to Kyle will be IN PERSON, this December! Whaaat?

I love being a mom and I love my Mom. Mother’s Day is happy.

No comments: