This week, Jay proudly discovered that he is strong enough to move Rose's bed around their room. Rose's bed is actually a pop-up trundle bed on wheels that can fold down and roll under Jay's daybed (I slept on these now-rickety beds as a young'en, and my parents gave them to us when Rose was born and took over the crib). Jay pushed Rose's bed onto one wall and then onto the other wall before landing on his favorite spot: right next to his own bed. He excitedly came out to drag me by the hand and show me each bed configuration as the position was updated.
Quick explanatory flashback (I'm feeling rather reminiscent of late): Back in college, my roommate and I liked to move our beds around every now and then just like Jay does. One arrangement we particularly liked was with both beds pushed side by side together. We called it the SuperBed. It was great for lounging and talking, and it looked so cozy and pleasingly out of place to have a king-size-looking bed in a dormitory.
[if you can ignore the not-so-cute picture of Shaina in the foreground, you'll see our classic dormitory SuperBed in the background. Sadly this was the only image of it that I could find, so I sacrificed a little bit of my dignity to share it]
Nothing like a nice flashback to explain the present. Jay created his very own SuperBed! Last night was the first bedtime with the SuperBed in place, and I confess to being wary of the arrangement. I thought if Jay and Rose were that close together they would spend all night giggling and talking instead of sleeping (been there, done that). So I made sure that Jay was far over on his mattress and Rose was on her mattress when I tucked them in. An hour or so after the fell asleep, I went to peek at them.
Is there anything that could possibly top this level of perfection?
When I saw them like this, I felt pretty certain that they have never done anything wrong, ever. Sleeping children erase all past difficulties in a perfect picture of contentment.
Tonight when they climbed into the SuperBed, I didn't even attempt to separate them. Jay asked me, "Mommy, will you take a picture of us?"
1 comment:
Born in Best friends! Siblings are the best :) Alex and Carson still go in Cami's room to on the weekends. I love it when the kids show that they love each other
Post a Comment