Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This year was Jeff's FIRST Father's Day as a real life FATHER! Jay and I worked together to give him a little surprise. This is what we did: Jay woke me up right on cue at 1:30am Sunday morning. I fed him and then got to work making "eggs days ahead," (a breakfast favorite that has eggs, sausage, mushrooms, and cheese). The "days ahead" part means you cook the eggs and sausage and put everything in the pan and then it can be baked any time. I finished the prep and finally got Jay to sleep around 3:30am. Then, Jay got me up at 6am and I baked the breakfast in the oven while feeding him...



I layed out a trail from our bedroom door to the oven...

...and put a sign on the oven door. Jeff woke up 15 minutes after it was all done. (Jay and I were both in bed).


Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Hurrah for a successful Father's Day surprise breakfast! Go team go!

2 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

What a fun idea! And hey, if you have to be awake at 1:30, why not do something? Sounds like you are a wonderful mother.

The Griffins said...

Sounds like it was a first to remember! I love the foot picture! We went for a walk in the stroller when Matt was a couple weeks old and he fell asleep and was completley covered up except for his little feet sticking out just like that. You're an adorable family!