WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO LESS THAN 22 PICTURES, plus captions. If a picture says a thousand words, then this is the Victor Hugo version of the Brown family spring break. I hope you can finish looking at this post before next week's update!
This week, Jay and I left Jeff at home and drove the 4 1/2 hours to visit my family. My sister Em and her 2 boys flew in from Missouri, so the only person missing was Brad, (who is almost done serving a mission in Portugal). We did all of the things that we love to do when we get together: we ate tons (and I mean tons) of delicious food, did crafts, went shopping, played with babies, watched General Conference, took a million cute pictures, and played games. And Dad and I went on a 90 minute trail run in the mountains. (I added that one separately because that's something that ONLY Dad and I call fun). Thanks for all the good times, family!
And now, on to the one million pictures: (I only posted about 1/8th of the pictures we took...)
Jay and I met baby Dan for the first time. (Dan is almost 5 months old) Jay liked poking and grabbing Dan because he didn't poke or grab back. Steve (2 yrs old) on the other hand, was much bigger and stronger than Jay, and I think Jay was jealous! Jay got this worried upset look on his face whenever Steve got too close, and they had a few tussles over toys.
The Seattle area had some crazy weather this spring break: sunshine, rain, hail, snow, and fog!
We made the cousins matching PJ pants! (Dan had some too, but he was asleep for the picture)
These poor little boys had to sit through far too many photo shoots. An airplane was passing overhead for this one
I wish I had a video of the CRAZY things we were doing to keep their attention and coax some smiles!
mmmm we made and decorated Easter cookies!
no cookie shall go naked...
...but these 3 cute boys did!
We gave them a bath in the morning, and Jay has his rosy "I like to scrub my face in my blankets all night" face. Jay kept floating into Steve. It was hilarious, because Jay didn't necessarily want to be quite that close
I got to babysit Dan, and I think he likes me.
The men watching the Final Four. Poor Butler.
WE WALKED TO THE PARK:
Mom (aka Grama Meri) and I took Jay and Steve to the park one sunny morning.
My mom climbed all over the playground to protect Jay from his own curiosity, and she walked at Steve's inchworm pace up the HUGE hill on the way home. (I walked Jay up in the stroller and then went back for Steve, and they were almost halfway up the hill!)
What a sweet Grandma
WE WENT TO THE PARK AGAIN:
Kyle (my brother) gave Steve rides on his skateboard
I was as long as the slide
I have been wanting to ride a skateboard with my jogging stroller for so long, and Kyle let me try it out with his skateboard. Steve volunteered to be my copilot. I was pretty wobbly for most of the time, but Kyle gave me a few tips and I managed to do a few scoots without tripping or stumbling! It was hard! I think I prefer my razor scooter.
Jay's favorite park activity. If he could talk, he'd say "push me higher!!!" I think that's what his kicks and giggles and squeals mean while he's swinging.
Steve prefers to swing with his auntie.
The g-parentals with their posterity
I love my sisters!
1 comment:
Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment