Friday, March 23, 2012

Guns and Rose

Jay loves Star wars, especially the Whiteguys (aka Storm Troopers). It’s hilarious when he walks around saying “I’m a Whiteguy! I’m a Whiteguy!” He has made himself a Whiteguy helmet—it’s easy, all he does is dump out all of his blocks all over the floor:

IMG_3747

Not too accurate, but it works for him.

IMG_3744

Rose had to join in, of course.

Every day, Jay makes himself a “peewer” out of his big lego blocks:

IMG_3749

These guns are rather fragile and Jay has to hold them carefully in both hands so they don’t fall apart. Today I decided to make him a more durable firearm.

IMG_3753

One gun is a paper towel tube held in a bent position by tape, and the other one is made of 3 pieces of cardboard taped together. He loves them.

IMG_3754

That cumbersome helmet.

IMG_3756

While Jay was peewing away, I thought maybe Rose would like a quick little homemade toy too. So I whipped up a little 6 minute pink purse for her.

IMG_3760

When I handed it to her, she didn’t reach out for it with her hand, she reached through the strap and slid it onto her shoulder, little girly girl.

IMG_3761

Jay is laying in ambush back there. Maybe I should give Rose a small hand gun of her own to hide in her purse. Or maybe some mace …

4 comments:

Whitni Watkins said...

I love the post title like "Guns and Roses" I hope that was intended!

Madeline said...

you're such a fun mom! love it :)

Justin and Carissa said...

This is awesome. Who wouldn't want to wear a bucket on their head all day?

Pieces of me... said...

Haha, what cute little kiddos! Alex was into star wars pretty hard core too! I love those guns though, awesome :)