Saturday, June 22, 2013

Three

Adapting to having 3 kids instead of my normal 2 on days when Spencer comes over is always interesting.

IMG_9548

A few days each week, I’ve been going on walks with Steph and our friend Alisha and THE KIDS. None of the kids I’m in charge of want to walk for 3 whole miles so I had to figure out how to let them ride so I could walk and enjoy a chat with Steph and Alisha. We tried various configurations with bikes, strollers, and scooters before landing on this option.

IMG_0725

Does this look familiar? I can’t believe Rose still fits in the “trunk” of our bike trailer!

IMG_9549

Jay and Spencer are getting a little big for this, but they still had a fun time talking and laughing while I developed my arm muscles from behind.

IMG_0720

And another flashback—we used to fit 4 kids into our rickety garage sale trailer. That’s probably why the floor sags and is about to fall out. I have my eye on Costco’s sleek shiny (and incredibly lightweight) bike trailer/jogging stroller. It’s beautiful. If anyone has a spare $200 lying around…

IMG_9551

By the time we got back from our walk, Rose was standing in the trunk chariot-style and the detachable pushing handlebar with a missing clamp had worked its way down to about mid-thigh height on me from the jiggling and vibrations of the sidewalk.

IMG_9552

Right after I took the picture of Rose standing, they tipped over. Since I still had the camera aimed and ready, I took this quickly before helping them out.

IMG_9499

Zombie kids watching a movie.

Today we went to Spencer’s 6th birthday party at a trampoline place. It was a blast! I even managed to brave my bladder concerns and boing all over the place with Rose. I took a few pictures of the action:

IMG_9624

IMG_9597

They had these cool pits full of big foam squares to jump into. Each pit had a delayed-playback camera and TV so once you did your trick into the foam pit, you could sit up and watch an instant replay. Genius.

IMG_9604

IMG_9620 IMG_9615 IMG_9621 IMG_9616 IMG_9614 IMG_9617

It was go-go-go for 90 whole minutes, and then we stopped jumping and had pizza and birthday cake.

IMG_9632

Everyone say “cheese pizza!” Except Jay, of course down there on the end—he’s digging right in.

IMG_9633

Kristine (Spencer’s mom) passing out the pizza. I’ve never done a birthday party for Jay or Rose. But this was so much fun that maybe someday…

IMG_9634

The birthday boy. He was so nice to invite little sister Rose to his birthday party too (and to let old Moms like me join in on the jumpin’ fun). We think Spencer is pretty great, and we’re so glad that we get to have him over a few days each week.

IMG_9595

Days when it’s just the three of us are nice too.

No comments: