Thursday, March 5, 2015

4 months

Amber is 4 months old. FOUR MONTHS! That’s a quarter of a year. To quote my sister, time flies when you’re not pregnant. That is so true. Time for the monthly babyface comparison extravaganza! My favorite!

4 months 3

Our babies have great smiles.

4 months 5

They all have the same darling flappy-topped ears, ha ha. So lovable!

4 months 7

On their tums.

4 months 6

They all started grabbing these giraffe tails at the same age. :)

I love having three sets of baby pictures to line up side by side. It’s fun to compare their faces and habits and personalities at this age. It amazes me how babies have their own distinct personalities from day one. Jay was the slim inquisitive mover, Rose was the chubby immobile loud voice, and so far Amber is the happy, champion smiler. She smiles SO MUCH. Sometimes she even cries and smiles at the same time!

Both Jay and Rose were sleeping all night by 4 months, but Amber has not gotten the hang of it yet. At about 2 months she had a few nights of encouraging 8 hour stretches of sleep, but quickly abandoned them. Usually she only wakes up once each night for milk, but this week has been more difficult. Amber seems to be following in the family tradition of early teething, and I think (?) that’s why she’s not sleeping as well. She’s such a good baby that I can’t complain, and my current plan is to see if she regulates herself by 6 months  before intervening. We’ll see how desperate I get. I vaguely remember ordering a baby sleep book from Amazon at like 4 in the morning one day this week…

A3

I mean. Heart bursting. I LOVE THAT FACE!

Today Amber had her 4 month checkup. We went back to Grandview Medical Center one more time (ha) and saw our third new doctor since Dr. Weaver switched locations (he should be back in business next month at last—yay!). Well, the guy we saw today was very nice and thorough and good. It’s a comfort that there is more than one medical professional in this valley that we like!

 Photo Mar 05, 9 36 46 AM (1)

Here’s the little softie, trying to escape the doctor’s office. Amber weighs 14.4 pounds (55%) and is 25.5 inches long (89%). When Rose was her age, she was the same length but an entire pound and a half heavier! My back and biceps are glad that Amber takes more after Jay in the poundage department.

Yesterday I did a quick 10 minute post-bath 4 month photo shoot:

IMG_0011

IMG_0022_edited

IMG_0030_edited

IMG_0028_edited

IMG_0035_edited

IMG_0036_edited

IMG_0046_edited

IMG_0047_edited

IMG_0057_edited

Who can resist a baby bum?

1 comment:

Justin and Carissa said...

My babies never sleep. I love the book healthy sleep, happy child... Our something close to that. I loaned it out or else I would check for sure. It has been very informative and helpful. I like that it doesn't just tell me what I should do, but it teaches me about sleep.