Spring break officially began for our family this afternoon when Jeff and Jay got home from school. In spite of all the upcoming vacation excitement, I feel so tired. Breastfeeding + running - sleep = exhaustion. It's always worst at the end of the day. Tonight after the kids were finally asleep, I felt utterly sapped of my good essences and left with a whiny shell of a Shaina. About half an hour ago I was sitting on the couch feeling grouchy, tired, and sorry for myself. Then I had a realization: exactly one year ago, I was deathly prego-sick in the hospital with a tube in my arm delivering a constant fluid drip. I felt SO HORRIBLE, weak, and sick a scant year ago, and today I went on a 3 mile run. It's amazing what a difference one year can make. I am nowhere near my pre-Amber self yet, but at the same time I am so far from that emaciated dehydrated shell of a Shaina that checked into the hospital one year ago. There's nothing like a nice, hearty dose of perspective to yank me out of a pity party. Life is so GOOD. I love being able to live it, even if it is exhausting.
Now.
[Then.]
Now.
[Then.]
Now.
Worth it?
YES.
Glad it’s over?
YES.
Time to renew my resolve for patience?
YES.
Happy spring break!
1 comment:
Amen. Have a great spring break filled with healthy, sleeping kids, long relaxing runs, and good energy.
Post a Comment