Last night I was organizing our March picture folder and I realized that I have been holding out on you. I have so many un-posted pictures! And is a picture really a picture if it’s not LOOKED at? On that note, I give you a jumbled photo collage of March at the White house:
Rose wanted her hair to match mine one Sunday.
My running buddies.
Rose and I constructed a multi-level twisty-turny train track of dreams.
That FACE!
Sleepover in the castle tent!
THOSE CHEEKS!
Sunday night trampoline crazies.
Those EYES!
Sleeping baby love
Delicious little fuzz-top.
I can’t believe it was only last month that Amber slept on her back. In an attempt to get her to sleep longer, I switched her to her tummy a few weeks ago. It kind of helped.
Good morning, sunshine!
Girls. Love. Rose likes basking in the sunlight. Amber likes watching her.
We tried the jumper, and Amber was not impressed. We only have door frames in our bedrooms and I rarely spend enough time in a bedroom during the day to make getting the jumper out worthwhile.
Rose has had this same mischievous smile her whole life. See below:
Baby Rose, with that same grin. Am I right?
Amber and I went through a minor sleep crisis in mid-March. Since Jay and Rose slept through the night by 4 months, I thought Amber should too so I read a book and tried a method for two weeks before deciding that Amber is DIFFERENT than her big sibs and my own baby-mommy-time is too short to worry about holding her too much, etc. The method didn’t really help anyways and I didn’t want to go all out with it. So we’re back to square one, and I’m finally ok with it. I think Amber will sleep all night when she’s ready. But for now we see each other 2-4 times each night. Sigh. Also, she likes to sleep face down on her hands. It made me nervous at first, but it’s also kind of funny.
She has rolled over three times in her life, tummy to back. She doesn’t do it much.
Skinnyhips in Amber’s seat.
Best big brother award: Jay. He will brush Rose’s hair if she asks him to.
The essence of childhood is in these two pictures: licking spoons and building towers. I think I’m doing something right in there somewhere.
Mama-baby-mirror-selfies! Love that bare bum.
Morning time lounging.
Rose cut off her wisps.
Love that happy little face popping up when I walk into the room.
Sunshine baby.
Springtime on our street.
There are a whole lot more pictures where these came from, but I’ll stop now.
March was good.
3 comments:
What a fun month! Keep the adorable baby pictures coming! If I had a dime for every baby sleep book I've read...haha. I'm a firm believer that every child has their own unique sleep needs. Samantha and Amelia have identical genes, have the same schedule, etc., and yet Amelia sleeps way more than Samantha and has always been a great sleeper. Samantha, on the other hand, woke up in the night at least several times a week up until she was almost two! She's just not a sound sleeper and is needy at night. I rocked the girls to sleep for naps/cuddled with them before bed pretty much every day until we transferred them to toddler beds earlier this year-- and I have zero regrets. It was super tiring, but I don't regret getting up in the night when S would wake up either. I say do what your momma instincts tell you to do (and do what's best for you too)! It's easier to say now that I'm not sleep-deprived, but I cherish those cuddly moments :)
None of my babies have slept through the night until 11 months. And i have tried the sleep methods and tricks. They help a little, but you are right-babies just do things on their own time table. Soon it will be a bad memory... And maybe even a memory you miss of holding that sweet peaceful warm angel at night when it's quiet and just the two of you
Natalie is 3 in August and STILL doesn't sleep through the night. I'm sure Amber will figure it out sooner than that :)
(I meant this comment to be helpful but it turned out kind of depressing, ha.)
Post a Comment