Even though we still have 11 weeks till Rose comes, we put Jay’s mattress on the floor this weekend! So far he’s doing great without the ole crib. He usually falls off the mattress once or twice each time he sleeps on it, but I rescue him and he goes back to sleep. He likes having the freedom to get out of bed when he wakes up, and I love it when he pitter-patters into our room to find us in the morning!
Sunday Jay turned officially 18 months old! He is fearless in nursery at church, and it’s a good thing too, because Jeff and I both have callings now! Jeff is a primary teacher and I am the primary secretary. I’ve been teaching in primary for the past 2 years, so this is something NEW for me. Yay!
It snowed late last night!!! I can’t remember a pre-Thanksgiving snow in my lifetime, and let me just say it is putting my “wait till after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music” policy to the test. I’ve had Winter Wonderland and all those great snowy Christmas tunes in my head all day! Still resisting…
Jay and I went outside to play in the snow this morning, and it was still only in the 20’s out there. Burrrrr! I have been meaning to get Jay a pair of boots, but alas, the snow fell before that happened. He only has one pair of shoes (our little pauper) and I didn’t want them to get soaked in the snow, so I tied plastic grocery bags to his feet. I thought it made him look like a doctor! I dug up a scrap of fleece this morning, and sewed a quick hat for Jay too. Thankfully he actually kept it on his head while we were outside! (that’s a first). I tried making Jay some fleece mittens too, but they failed, so he wore socks on his hands.
Sadface! I thought Jay would love playing in the snow, but I was wrong. Maybe it was too cold for him, or maybe he didn’t like slipping and falling on the ice so many times. Whatever it was, he was moaning and crying for most of the time we were outside!
Assuming that the reason for Jay’s crying was the cold, I let him back inside while I finished up our snowman. He cried the whole time, little goober! But I made our 12-inch little snow guy anyways: newborn baby hat, marbles for eyes, baby carrot nose, felt smiley mouth, fleece scrap scarf, and stick arms.
Good thing my coat can still zip up over my tummy because otherwise I would have FROZEN to death out there. It was rather difficult bending down low enough to get myself in the picture with the tiny snowman (smoosh baby in belly). Huzzah for the first snowfall of the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment