Friday, November 30, 2012

A success, a failure, and some cuties

Last week I finished my second wall shelf!

IMG_6575

It has hooks.

IMG_6576

IMG_6570

I hung it by our basement door that goes into the garage. Eventually we’ll get a nice bench to go under it. Success!

IMG_6569

And now on to the failure… I tried to paint one of our old icky cheap-o-laminate fake oak bookcases this week. I spray painted it black. Well, I didn’t know you’re supposed to sand laminate surfaces before painting them, so the paint just rubs off on my fingers. I thought I may eventually feel like taking the trouble to sand it down. But the paint smell was strong so I stuck the shelves out on the back porch to air out one sunny morning…and forgot to bring them back in when it started raining. Hello, garbage truck! You win some and you lose some. With laminate I think it’s always a loss.

And now I must show off a few cuties:

IMG_6568

Playing on the Kindle together

IMG_6592

Day two and little Miss Laynie has rosy cheeks…

IMG_6616

…and the cutest elf ears EVER!

IMG_6626

Happy little lips…

IMG_6630

…and really really LONG fingers!

IMG_6635

While we all adore Laynie, Jay and Rose steal Grama’s iPad. And everyone is happy.

No comments: