Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Hello, Father's Day has come and gone. Summer is in full swing and it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to remember to do normal things on time, like dishes and laundry and blog posts about Father's Day. I still love my dad! And my husband!

"...there is no greater honor, no more elevated title, and no more important role in this life than that of mother or father" --Bonnie L. Oscarson

My thoughts on the subject sound weak and trite when I try to write them down. Suffice it to say that a righteous father is necessary. I'm so glad I have one and that my kids have one too.

We do low-key celebrations in our house. Small and simple is how we like it, as always. This Father's Day, I asked the kids to list a few things they love about their Dad. I wrote them down and gave it to Jeff. Jay and Rose each made him a card too. We had a family breakfast with the local White folks on Sunday morning too.

 



That little Amber-hand on Daddy's shoulder is perfect.
Jeff is great. Here's one example of many: he climbed up the side of our house and through a window to save the day when Rose closed and locked our bedroom door from the inside a few days ago. Our bedroom door has a lock that uses an actual key (weird and annoying) but when we moved into the house, we were never given the key--it was the same with a door in our basement. When someone closed and locked the basement door though, we couldn't get in through the window because it was locked. In that case Jeff ended up hacking through the door.

 
 Luckily our fence fell down and we had it leaning against the back of the house...can we say precarious? Now we have to remember to lock our window so we don't get robbed!

Our most recent locked door drama ended much better than the last one! It's kind of fun having a hacked hole in this door--I love peeking through and seeing cute friends playing together. But thankfully our bedroom door will not have a peep-hole.
Next project: change a door knob!


Love love LOVE.


and a throwback. 



No comments: